One of my big concerns when I was pregnant was whether or not the twins would be like me or my husband when it came to movies and books! I am proud to report....They are like......ME! My little goober doobers are not even 2 yet, and already they can recite lines from movies! Yeah, you read that correctly! In about the past month or so they have become obsessed with Shrek and Toy Story.
Those two movies are on a continous loop in our house. A while ago I read that children under 3 or something should not watch ANY television because it will delay their speech. Yet another ignorant article - - I am learning that most of the time as a parent you should just go with your gut! Plus it has only increased the twins vocabulary. But I must say maybe not in a good way.
Thanks to Shrek - we now YELL - "stop singing!" "NOW" and sadly a few others that are funny but not so cute really! It is hard to refuse when Reid brings you the remote and says "BAZZ" and when I say "You want to watch Buzz?" He screams with delight and scrambles into "bubba's shair" and assumes the movie watching position! And if they are not watching a movie they are "reading" books! So cute to hear them yammer in their language like they are reading.
That is how we spent our Friday - twins watching Toy Story and Shrek and Mama cleaning! Fun times!
Friday, September 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pssh yeah right! I hate those articles :). We let J'Lee watch TV fairly early and she was saying complete sentences when she was 2. And she had such a big vocabulary, most of them good words. Ha!
PS: I am now a follower of your recommended blog!!! I had a dream that a girl told me I had style but she was a wearing a "horton hears a who" shirt! Hmm, that tells me something.
Post a Comment