Yesterday was definately Sports Sunday at our house. Sadly, no one in our house was actually participating in the sports activities - instead we were sitting on our lazy backsides WATCHING the excercise take place! Our sports viewing began with the noon football game. I think it was the Steelers and Ravens...not sure...the twins and I slept through most of it. Then we watched the US Open Women's Finals. Am I totally un-American since I rooted for the Australian to beat the American?? And on Sept. 11 of all days? But I am just not a fan of Serena Williams - so I was happy she got beat in straight sets. I think she is a horrible sport and has a horrible attitude! She is disrespectful and rude. I just can't stand to watch someone act that way... So everytime she lost a point Ella and I would put our arms up and say "YES!" Even the hubby diverted his attention from fantasy football to watch the end of the match.
After that Daddy and Landman went to get us some dinner from Rosa's and I watched yet more Sept. 11 coverage. 10 years ago I was getting ready to go to my 9a.m. class (did Tues. Thurs. classes start at 9 or 9:30? Gosh I can't remember now...how sad is that?) and watched the second plane hit. I then drove to campus with Jordon and Cameron and we listened on the radio as the towers fell. Once I got to campus I totally skipped class and just went to the UC and watched the news coverage.
After dinner it was time for the Cowboys to kickoff. Ugh...it might be another long year!

Watching the game with his daddy!

She would put her arms in the air and say "Go Cowbees!" such a sweetheart!

He calls it "booball" He also calls basketball, soccer, and baseball "booball"
Now- I have to spend all morning making up for my totally unproductive Sunday...
No comments:
Post a Comment