Friday, September 30, 2011

I Am So Mad At Myself!!!!!

Have you ever just wanted to kick your own A@S?  Well, that is how I felt this morning! Being Preemies - the twins have always gone to this thing called NICU Grads....it is where they just check their development, and what not to make sure they are on track. I totally understand and have been appreciative of it. We went at 6 mos. and 1year. And it was great. The lady was nice and just kinda let the twins do their thing and watch...you know, make sure they could build a tower, use a crayon, walk alone...So it was always fine.

So I have debated on if it was worth the effort of getting everyone dressed, driving to downtown, parking, riding the elevator (which terrifies my kids....they are my kids! I don't like it either, but it would take me 4 hours to climb the stairs with the twins), etc. But when the girl called to confirm the appointment I chickened out and said we would be there! I mean what if I am missing something, I don't want to do that to my kids! Right?

This bit of advice goes to my two sister-in-laws that are both about to become 1st time moms....TRUST YOUR GUT and INSTINCTS! Gosh I wish I would of listened to mine! And let me just say...I try to keep my inner bitch at bay most times but when you start messing with my kids and telling me what to do...I let her run free. I am certain when I left there the 3 women I had to deal with where all like "holy crap!"

I will not recount the whole morning because it will just infuriate me again...but here is short version. First 3 women who all loved to tell the long list of degrees they had- hurded myself, the twins and the three of them into a room about the size of a public bathroom! Of course here are 3 strangers trying to get their attention and in their personal space, so Reid and Ella were both clinging to my neck with their faces buried in my chest. I am almost 30 and it was overwhelming to me, I can only imagine what it is like for a 2-year-old! My first thought "stupid bi@ches!

First off she tries to get Reid to build a tower with some blocks - and when Ella got brave enough to reach for a block THE LADY GRABBED IT FROM HER and said "NO! I WANT BROTHER TO DO IT!" Can you believe that ignorant woman. Well, of course Ella cried and buried her face back in my chest! DUH!

Then she showed them a page with a picture of a dog, shoe, clock, leaf, star, and house on it. Well both Reid and Ella just started pointing to the pictures and saying "dog, shoe, etc. and this stupid women pulls the page away and says "I NEED THEM TO POINT TO THEM AFTER I ASK A QUESTION!" Was she freaking kidding me. This got probably my 4th "oh my gosh" and eye roll. She then wanted Ella to put a cirlce in the circle piece of a puzzle. Well Ella kinda looks at it and shows it to me , so I say "It is a circle baby." Like I always do...you know helping her learn what it is - to which I got told  "DON'T HELP HER MOM! I WANT TO SEE IF SHE KNOWS IT!"  I promptly told that Wack job that "I am her mother and I will tell her it is a circle if I want to!"  The rest of the day went pretty much like that. At one point I had to break down and say "How many 2-year-olds have you ever dealt with? You are doing nothing but terrifying him!"

And when we were finally leaving and she was explaining her results to me I told  her "That is fine because am throwing it in the trash as soon as we walk out of here!" The other two ladies I think were terrified of me, because by the end of the session they were both cowering in the corner!

In the end both twins did just fine according to their charts and yada yada yada...but it was just the horrible way they went about it! Totally one of those cases where these women had spent all their time in a class and do not have a clue of how to actually deal with a real child. I don't know many kids that are just going to go gang busters with a total stranger before even getting acclimated to them a little. See I am getting pissed off all over again! Needless to say we will NOT be returning for the 3year check up! Lesson learned...go with your gut!

So sorry I made you go to that horrible place baby!
Bad Mama! 
I should of let him continue to do this.... 
Here he was happy...with stupid women he was not happy!

Ugh...not the way I wanted to start off Friday and the weekend! But it is over now, and we are SO DONE with that place! And yes, I have let them have cookies, colors, stickers, and watch Toy Story and Mickey Mouse in hopes to make it up to them. I feel like such a bad parent for putting them through that for NOTHING!!!!! Okay...going to go drink me a Dr. Pepper and try to refrain writing Cook Children's a NASTY HATEFUL Letter!

HAPPY WEEKEND! LOL!

No comments: