This has been the extent of my productivity this past week! It is just so dang hot! So weird to have to get up to bake cookies at 6 a.m. just so everyone in the house doesn't suffer heat stroke!
Ugh, it is just so miserable! Gosh I miss my sealed tight as can be house in Abilene. That thing was like Fort Knox! This house in Fort Worth might as well be a log cabin! (grumble grumble grumble....you can't imagine how often my hubby and I fantasize about being able to transport our house in Abilene to Fort Worth! I have blacked out all my east and west facing windows...we have sealed off the playroom(since it was an addition that was added to the house...the genius builders forgot to run an air vent in there...so in extreme cold or hot, that room gets sealed off! The only things turned on all day are fans and t.v.'s. Plus I don't know if it comes from growing up in a house that had no central heating or cooling or if it comes from my mama, but being stuck in a hot house all day with three kids turns me into a BEAR!! My fuse is super short! I also think it comes a little bit from my daddy because I am definately his daughter. Another thing that tests my nerves is the fact that the a/c never cuts off ALL DAY! It kicks on around 9 a.m. and NEVER SHUTS OFF!!! I can just see the meter spinning out of control! When I am outside watching it just spin and spin and spin at an alarmingly fast pace I can feel the presence of my dad and Grandpa Eltos standing there with me! Both are shaking their heads with me and then we all promplty go in the house and push the thermostat up a little more!!! I have even thought about (granted it was only for half a second) loading everyone up and taking them to the disease pit at the mall (you know those playground areas....YUCK!) for an entire afternoon just so I could turn the a/c unit completley off! I tell you the heat is messing with my mind! Cause when we are in the mall I even tell everyone to hold your breath as we go by that place! My children are sweet, clean, well mannered little people but other people's kids are gross, snot smearing, coughing, touching, monkey disease carrying little pig pens! Yup, heat definately messing with my mind!
Come on Hurricanes! WE need the relief! - my husband and children need the relief from mama bear!
No comments:
Post a Comment