We somehow managed to escape for a week to the beach last week. It was the first beach experience for all the kiddos. Everyone LOVED it! It is amazing how fast the days go when you are doing nothing but playing on the beach, napping, eating and swimming in a pool! We first thought 3 nights might be a little much but turned out to be not near long enough!
Be prepared for picture overload! It was a real challenge to keep sand and water out of my camera, take pictures, and control 3 water loving kids without a major catastrophe and I am proud to say- we succeeded! And the only two idiots that got sunburned were the hubby and I! But I stand by the fact that we were so preoccupied with making sure none of the kids got even a little pinkish that we totally forgot about ourselves! He and I need a little color anyhow! Try not to be too jealous of our week (especially all you folks that turned down our invitation to join us!!!)
My beautiful girl was ready to hit the surf!!
We got to Mustang Island on Tuesday afternoon and were in our condo long enough to bust out the swimsuits and to the beach we ran as fast as we could!
Yes - the hubby and I are out numbered and ALWAYS have our hands full!
On Wednesday morning, we packed the cooler with sandwiches, chips, snacks and drinks and headed straight to the beach by 9:30 a.m.
As you can tell - he was tired of waiting on mom and dad!
In the background are the condos we stayed in. It was so nice to just have to walk across the pier to get back to our rooms rather than loading back into the car!
Relax Meemaw - daddy is standing watch just outside the picture!
I think Reid is out surfing a wave!
Those are the condos and the pier to the beach!
That is daddy and sissy on his shoulders heading out into the waves!
My many attempts at a group shot!
By about 2 p.m. - The hubby and I were getting pretty toasty and the twins were in need of a nap - though they showed no signs of it! They would of stayed out at the beach and happy all day I think! So we headed back to the room - everybody showered, took naps and snacked some more. After the twins woke up, we headed into Port Aransas to do a little souvenir shopping.
On Thursday morning we got up and headed to Corpus to go to the Texas State Aquarium. Mark and I held no illusions that the twins would be entertained but boy were we WRONG! They loved it!
The main reason for the visit othe aquarium was to see the Dolphin show! It wasn't very long but I think the hubby and I enjoyed it as much as the kids did.
Yes - they are wearing backpacks with leashes! Not only do their backpacks serve me in the fact that I use them as MY pack mules and stuff them with diapers, wipes, cell phone, wallet - but they also allow the twins the freedom they so crave to walk around like big kids but keeps them from getting away from me! YOU live my life for a day and then judge me! LOL!
They really did enjoy the aquarium!
We just gave the USS Lexington a drive by on the way to the aquarium!
My little angel is getting so big....hard to believe that less than two years ago she was nothing more than a little 2 pound 10 ounce baby sleeping in an incubator! And making her mama a bundle of nerves and stress.....wait, that part hasn't changed! LOL!
After lunch and another nap time we spent Thursday afternoon at the swimming pool! That requires both Mark and I in the pool at all times so no pictures were taken at the pool! Probably best too, since I think those would cause Meemaw to have a major not minor stroke! The twins just don't see why they have to be in a floaty or even have a life jacket on and are only happy when the are in the pool free - and trying to swim! The pool was like 4 pools all joined together so there was even an area that was only two feet deep so the twins could touch the bottom - swim lessons are definately a necessity next summer!
After supper, we decided to make one more evening trip to the beach. The poor twins were so worn out they barely got out of the wagon.
It was a little annoying how the minute I would take the lense cap off my camera - it would fog over for at least 20 minutes! Dadgum humidity!
I have never laughed so hard as I did at Reid trying to put his shoes on in the water. He would put one down to try and put the other one on and then the tide would come up and wash the other shoe off and he would abandon the one to go chasing after the other. It was a sad yet hilarious cycle the little boy could not break out of!
Plum wore out! But still Happy!
I think he was going to try to club the fish!
No comments:
Post a Comment