Friday, August 26, 2011

Movie Talk and Ella and the Purple Crayon

Okay - A little movie talk first today. I generally put the twins down for their nap after lunch time. That generally allows a good two hours before we go pick up Landman from school. I always, always, always plan on catching a quick cat nap at the same time - but 99% of the time I find a movie on TV and get involved in it- even if I have seen it a bazillion times already. So nap time generally turns into movie time for mama! The curse of being an avid movie watcher.


But here is the deal that perplexes me about myself. Since about March of 2009 - I have become a crier. Yup, at everything! Curiously I turned this way right about the time - well, you do the math....Reid and Ella showed up 7 months later and they were two months early! Not only did pregnancy mess with my body but it changed my personality!!! I went from someone who laughed uncontrollably at the "sappy" moments of movies to being someone who cries during the opening credits! What made me think about this was the movie I got involved in today.


Let it be said - I will watch just about anything Mark Wahlberg is in. Let's face it, I have always had a thing for him! When I first met the hubby I called him Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. I would listen to the police traffic on the scanner at the newspaper office, and I knew everyone's radio handle so, I would know when he was out on a call and then I would also know what deputies were out with him - so he became Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.


Yet again, I digress. Back to watching Mark Wahlberg movies. I will watch almost anything - he has a few that are real stinkers and just plain gross - but probably one of my favorites is Invincible. It is the biopic about Vince Papale - the walk on for the Eagles. Anyhow, it came on this afternoon and I of course had to watch it. Not only is that just a plain good movie - but it makes me cry about every five seconds. All his buddies get so excited - he makes the team - his daddy is proud- he gets the girl - scores in the big game!


So this afternoon while the twins slept - I watched Invincible and cried! Another quirk about me...I cry most often during sports films! Drama, Romance, Suspense, Comedy - they might be able to bring moisture to my eyes but a Sports film can turn me into a blubbering idiot! Miracle, the movie about the 1980 USA Olympic hockey team - I am an emotional wreck during the whole thing! Also, why I generally prefer to watch movies by myself!



Now to the Purple Crayon- My little girl got a little out of control with her purple crayon. The funny part was watching her try to cover it up so I could not see it! And yes, I have had to put a blanket over the couch so that the couch isn't multi-colored! The blanket is multi-colored thanks to the twins!



My music man was just playing his guitar!


No pictures please!

No comments: