Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mama Needs A Refresher Course

Ugh! Okay - So I don't have any pictures to really post because it is so hot that I have taken to letting the twins run around all day in nothing but their diapers and I have moved a majority of their toys into the den since the playroom is unbearable. Needless to say, we are really livin' it up Redneck style here lately. It is one thing to "tell" about it and another thing entirely to document it and place on the blog for everyone to SEE!

(Trying to add paragraphs for my hubby! -It isn't me - it is this @#$* computer!!!)

Back to the point of the reason I am just writing today. I sat down this morning to try to construct a compeling cover letter for a "work from home technical writer" position I found - and since I am not technically a technical writer I really need to fluff, glorify, glitter up a cover letter. You know instead of calling myself a stay at home mom - I would be a highly qualified adolescent mentor working in the home! But anyways - As I sat down to write it - I found myself staring forever at a blank piece of paper and nothing, absolutely nothing was coming to my mind. SO FRUSTRATING!!!! All that is left for me to do is go back to my roots...I visually put myself at the newspaper office at my junky little desk in front of "creepy ben's" glassed in office. I am staring at my brilliant blue apple computer watching the clock on the wall slowly tick towards 5 p.m. (my deadline) My co-worker has the most annoying classical music playing while he talks non-stop about his most recent disaster of a date. I am unable to piece together the words to an article on the latest lame brain project the county commissioners are working on, so instead I compose a long, rambling, pointless e-mail to the Sheriff's Criminal Investigator and inform him on all the latest drama I have picked up on around town and the craziness that is the newspaper office!


After doing so - that would generally get my fingers and brain working and I could whip out an utterly dull but acurate and factual article (at least that is what I would tell myself). Since he no longer has the time or desire for my rambling e-mails (he lives with me!!!) I will do it here! And since I no longer have my pulse on the local gossip and am not witness to multiple meltdowns or freakouts on a daily basis like I was back then you will have to read about the only drama I really get to see now which is my reality tv shows!! YEAH! How many people just clicked off my blog? Frown!

I will begin with Dance Moms! It comes on Wednesday nights on Lifetime! Holy Moly! These people have lost all their marbles! It focuses on 5 moms and their daughters that dance for this jabba the hut like dance instructor. Two moms spend all their time boozing it up at the bar, one thinks she is Michelle Obama (nuff said about her sanity!) and another is Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest! CRAZY! Little girls are typical litle girls - one wants to be at the mall with friends, one doesn't want to dance at all, one likes it but is going to have emotional problems because mama is so crazy and she always always comes in second place, and the other little girl who wins all the time just flat out lives and breathes dancing. These moms are so concerned with what the other little girl is doing, who is getting more one on one dance instruction, who has more solos, etc. it is insane - mothers are the worst kind of jealous! Hummm....I can remember growing up around some of those kinda moms! Different city, different moms, SAME S**T! But it is great television! LOL!

Next would be Project Runway! Love Love Love Heidi and Tim Gunn! So sharp witted! But some of those designers never had any marbles to loose I don't think! I am appalled with what they send down the runway sometimes and of course without fail - the judges will love it! I wonder what universe these people live!! This season I am pulling for Bert - the old guy! So far all his clothes are beautiful! He made the most amazing dress out of a pair of boxer shorts and a t-shirt! From the previews it looks like he might be a little bit of a drama queen - but what fashion designer isn't! Go BERT! (for now - LOL!)

And sadly, my Bachelorette has ended and I have to sit through Bachelor Pad - the only problem I have with Bachelor Pad is that they bring back all the annoying people and who wants to watch the annoying ones! I started out this bachelorette season a little bummed. It didn't look too promising. I mean, five seconds in and she was gushing about that awful looking Bentley character. From the get go I was all about JP. He just had that something from the first time I saw him...so I was a little worried in the beginning she was going to be stupid and not see how gorgeous that guy was! But she grew a brain by the 3rd or 4th episode and was all about JP! How could she not be! If you didn't watch the show - go now and google JP Rosebaum! He is breathtaking! He looks like a young and much sexier Val Kilmer. He lives in New York and there are all these pictures of him around New York and he is an excellent dresser! If you need a dose of stomach flipping, heart racing eye candy - look him up! Most couples that come off that show I dismiss and find a hundred reasons why they will be busted up in no time, but I really hope this couple lasts. I think the last time I felt that way about a bachelor/bachelorette couple was seriously Ryan and Trista! (Yes, I am still stupid crazy about my own husband, but it is fun to get caught up in someone's romance sometimes! Plus if he can have this weird thing about Queen Latifah I can have my JP thing!) LOL!

Okay - so that is my reality tv fix - are your eyes bleeding? Now to see if I can get back to writing more important things!

No comments: