Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Little of This, A Little of That

It has been an active couple of weekends and weekdays here lately so I have a lot of randon little shots from around the house and Comanche. I also let the twins color their pumpkins, Landman carved his pumpkin and he and his daddy went deer hunting this weekend and Landman shot a doe. So there are bunches of different things to catch up on.

Oh- I will go ahead and break the news that the twins will NOT be dressing up for Halloween! It is true. I never really trick-or-treated as a kid and I don't think I have any emotional or psychological damage as a result! Really - I have been sick...they are bordering on being sick, and most importantly I just can't bring myself to plop down at least $40 on costumes they will wear for a couple of hours and have absolutely no recollection of ever doing! Honestly, I think they will survive! Will I look back in 20 years and feel bad about it? Maybe, but I really doubt it! I think they will have just as much fun staying at home and passing out candy to any little hoodlums that come to our door.  Landman on the other hand still insists on a costume - so he will go.  I know I know I sound like a terrible mother, but really I think sometimes people go a little over the top with needing to capture every little thing! I mean if they ever ask later in life "what did I dress up for Halloween when I was 2 years old, I will admit I made a mistake! LOL - but I don't see that happening!

Besides, why would I want to dress this adorable little boy up as anything but his sweet self!  
I mean! Just look at him!  


From last weekend in Comanche. 
Daddy is coming after him! 

My Ella bella is rocking the "Holly Maddison" look! 
Such a studious little boy already! 
This girl loves nothing more than some colors and something to color on! 
After our nap we must have POPCORN! And they are my children...they can eat it just as plain as can be!
I gave them some markers, their pumpkins and just let them go to town. 


A little distressed that her finger is now purple! Such a cutie! 


Needless to say when you don't have an artistic mama this is about as good as it gets!  

And more popcorn...but this time it was garlic Parmesan popcorn...Daddy has to have flavor. They are fine with that too! 
Landman digging the goo out of his pumpkin. 
Sissy observing the big pumpkin carving.  
Daddy was getting artsy with his photography...notice mama knotted up on the couch! Sheesh! 


I knew this was not going to go well! My hubby isn't artistic this way really either! 

Yup, told ya! Things were definately taking a turn for the worse! Don't you just wish you were a fly on the wall in my house! LOL!  
And so he opted to just draw a face on it. 

Oh such a creative little family we are! LOL! But we are determined that the kids do it themselves! I won't be a parent who does the kid's school projects for them!

This weekend Landman and Daddy went Deer hunting. 
Oh geez! This looks safe! Meemaw is gonna have a cow! My husband is gonna have a lot of explaining to do to his mother-in-law!  
With his kill. Such a good looking kid! Freaks me out how much older he is getting and looking!

Don't expect any Halloween pictures of the Twins! LOL!

No comments: