Wednesday was Pops' Birthday! And lucky for us, it was rainy and cold yesterday and pretty much puts a damper on working cows (well, it is a good excuse anyways) so Pops and Meemaw came to see us for his birthday! Boy wasn't he spoiled! hahaha! When Pops walks through the door it takes a good 30 minutes of wrestling, screaming, and rough housing with Reid before Reid can return to a semi-normal state of mind! Pops is like cat-nip for kids! And if I am being honest...I still at 31 years of age, fight my own children for a spot next to Pops! My mom is a lucky lady...she literally married the best man in the world!
A moment of calm in an otherwise wild time!
Thankfully, Target is fairly empty in the mornings and we don't get too many looks as these two scream, yell, chase each other and claim to see the boogie man around every corner! And yes!, my father will find an empty aisle and make the twins stay at one end and he will go to the other end and he has them race down the aisle! I am counting the days until he has them in the living room floor sitting with one leg straight out and attempting to stand up using just one leg a-la Grandpa Eltos!
Pops crashed hard after a morning of shopping and then a big lunch at Jason's Deli. His sidekick there is pretending to be asleep. Am I the only one that thinks my kids are strange because they have NO interest in toys? Reid only wants to go to the movie section and Ella only wants shoes! "I love movies!," said Reid. "We have to look for me shoes, because I don't have enough!," said Ella. Seriously...they never even ask to go to the toy section! Weirdos! LOL
While Pops napped and Reid pretended too, Meemaw and Ella baked M&M cookies! (yuck) I wanted chocolate chip but was easily over-ruled by Ella, so in protest I just sat and watched! haha!
I am so happy we live close enough to my mom and dad that my kiddos get to see them almost on a weekly basis! And let's be honest...I need it too! I never REALLY cut the cord! hahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment