Friday, May 31, 2013

Entertaining Kids and 39 years!

Tomorrow is my parents' 39th Wedding Anniversary. Thirty-nine years...simply amazing! Growing up I just remember always seeing two people who truly loved one another and showed it. They were an amazing example of how a marriage should be. And while I appreciated and loved the fact that my parents were dedicated to each other and their marriage, I REALLY get it now that I am an adult and married myself. Marriage is hard work sometimes, so I just want to say a HUGE thank you to my parents for putting in that hard work and yet making it look super easy. And I love the fact that after 39 years, my mama still bakes my daddy's favorite brownies, cakes and treats, because she knows how much he loves them and how my daddy drives to Brownwood just to fill my mom's car up with gas so she won't be worried about it on the way home and since she hates getting gas herself! (It is the little things I tell you!)
 
Anyhoot, I wonder how many hours of my dad's life has been spent sitting on a bench or fountain in the middle of a mall entertaining kids while my mom was in a store shopping. I can remember the countless hours we spent as kids people watching, tossing pennies, and playing trust or some other competitive activity while mom was in a store shopping. And now that his own kids are grown, he gets to do it all over again with his grandkids!
 
Pops drawing monsters for the twins while Meemaw and I shop at University Park Village.
 

 

Once we got home, it was straight to the playroom to watch Captain America!

Ella Grace working on earning some more jewelry from her Pops! hahaha (Comb his hair and he may just buy her the entire store!)

Uh oh! a long day and now they have both lost their heads! hahaha!
 
Now that there is only one week left of school, the kids and I can start making trips to Comanche to see meemaw and pops instead of them having to come to us all the time!

1 comment:

Jordon and Lori Dudley said...

Did Ella like her shoes? They were so cute!