Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blue Ribbons, Cold Geeks, and Coloring

Last weekend my husband and son worked on a science project. It was touch and go most of the time but they did finally complete it. (I tend to avoid these type of activities...too many people with not enough patience!) The jest of the project was does the circumference of a tire affect the time in which it reaches a certain point or something along those lines. Well, anyways it was a full weekend of testing and charting and taking pictures and creating a display board but never in any of our minds did we expect him to walk through the door after school with a BLUE Ribbon, but he sure as heck did! Hahaha!
 
The other morning my Reidy Pete woke up and decided he needed his geek to be cold! Don't ask me where he gets these things. (My voice sounds like I just woke up because I had and it was 6:20 a.m.- so ignore that part!)
My kids are just plain weird. They definitely get it from their paternal side!!
 
My sassy pants enjoys a big coloring space some days!

Seriously! What a face!

Full of herself!
 
My little academic. Just reading away. (Don't be in awe just yet...he makes up his own words/story!)

My house looks like a war zone, in more ways than just this one!
 
Today I had to go to the office to do some work with my boss. We had a lot we needed to get organized and done and I normally can arrange for the twins to be somewhere else on days like this but today no such luck, so they had to go with me. And be prepared because I am about to pat myself on the back for a job well-done on raising my twins. I took 2 3-year-olds to an office and they sat quietly for almost 3 hours. Not once did they interrupt us, get loud, not once did they make even a peep! They sat on the couch and watched Avengers, played their LeapPads and my phone. So here goes...I must toot my own horn for raising two little kids that can sit quietly and behave for such a long time! Of course it helps that they are pretty shy and tend not to look up for at least the first hour, but in my opinion that is a virtue! I love the fact that they can be wild and screaming maniacs, but can also be quiet and still when I need them to. Plus, it makes it much easier for my boss to be okay with having a stay-at-home mom work for her. She gets to see first hand that they don't keep me from getting my business handled! (But she did mention me traveling with her on some upcoming projects...eek! plane ride..gulp! hahaha)
 

No comments: