
Just found these pictures taken the last day of Kindergarten! Such a handsome little guy. Looks just like his daddy! Minus the mustache and moles!
The hubby and I spent the weekend trying to sort through boxes and make our house somewhat liveable. Which it is, but I am just not happy with our decor. I was fine with the western theme 3 years ago, but I am ready for a change - but our change is obviously going to be in the form of two new children - so any and all decorating money goes to them. So I will plug along for a while with what I have. Do we buy two cribs right away? Do we buy two bassinets? Do we buy just one crib at first and let them both stay in it for awhile? Oh, so many things to decide!
The hubby and I spent the weekend trying to sort through boxes and make our house somewhat liveable. Which it is, but I am just not happy with our decor. I was fine with the western theme 3 years ago, but I am ready for a change - but our change is obviously going to be in the form of two new children - so any and all decorating money goes to them. So I will plug along for a while with what I have. Do we buy two cribs right away? Do we buy two bassinets? Do we buy just one crib at first and let them both stay in it for awhile? Oh, so many things to decide!
We had no choice on kitchen decor. House came with green cabinets and a grape theme. We were so hoping for a fresh coat of paint - but no such luck, so we just have to go with it.
We have had quite a few issues with this house already in the three days we have been in it. It is getting quite commical at this point. First night we moved in, I noticed there was water all over the master bathroom floor. Turns out the guys that put the tile in, didn't do such a grand job of sealing around the base of the toilet. Then last night as I walk into our bedroom, I noticed the carpet was soaking wet, upon further inspection realized it was coming up through the carpet. Seems the A/C is leaking. Kinda funny because the lady that owns the house is so nit picky about about everything and so far - her house has been the money pit! I mean she called and asked us to go back to our old house because we had forgotten to clean out the tray under the oven! There were like three crumbs in it! I mean! Kinda gives me a inkling of joy that things aren't up to par with this house so far- but is also very irritating to a 6 months pregnant woman!
One of the girls at work took a picture of me today - and I thought about putting it up, but I just look so fat... I can't bring myself to do it. In my opinion it is really starting to show in my face!!!! ARRRGGHHH!
The living room. We used to have a cowhide rug and a big wood coffee table - but those were the first to go in my a little at a time make over! The couch seriously needs some pillows, but I refuse to spend $30 a piece on them, when in theory I could buy material, batting and MAKE them for cheaper. Question is... can I actually pull it off! Surely it is in my DNA - I spent my entire life watching my mom and grandmother sew and quilt, so surely it is my genes, just lying dormit all these years!
Half of Killer's room! The other direction would of required me walking a little more - so here is part of it. All he cares about anyway is his little ego corner anyways! :) I know I didn't have that many trophies at 6!
The garden/rocking room. Mark is determined this will be the baby sitting area. It is just off the nursery. So technically it is still under construction.
Back door leading outside from the garden/rocking room.
Nursery. UNDER CONSTRUCTION! as you can see - already have a nice stash of clothes going! There is no reining MeeMaw in - which is nice sometimes!
Master bedroom. Still needs work. Hubby has stolen my pregnancy pillow (on the floor). I move around and toss and turn too much for it do me any good anymore!


Hubby trying to sell my exercise machine! He thinks my days of using it are long gone! But I will prove him wrong! Baby weight is coming off! I am determined! His wife is 13 years younger - and by gosh she is going to be a thin 13 years younger not a chubby 13 years younger!






No comments:
Post a Comment