Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School, Back to School!


We are now a First Grader!!!

And completely capable of things on our own, well, in public. But at home, it is still required that daddy do everything! :) Killer told us we could just drop him off at the door this morning. I told him thanks, but Daddy would walk him to his classroom just for today. I barely got myself up and dressed this morning, so I missed out on the dropping off for the first day of school. I just hope he can keep from getting into trouble. I think we have a little friend that is a bad influence - and was so hoping to distance ourselves from him- BUT of course! He is in our FIRST GRADE CLASS TOO!! Not another single kid from Landon's Kindergarten class is in this year's class EXCEPT for this kid! Of all the LUCK! :(((

I feel as though I am rapidly expanding - Mark says I look as though I am rapidly expanding... :(
About 10 weeks to go. Hopefully I can last about 12 more weeks. The longer they stay put - the better, even though my back is KILLING me, I can't sleep, terrible leg cramps, outrageous heartburn and acid reflux.... Mark and Landman went to Abilene this past weekend to visit Joy.

I just couldn't handle a 2 hour car ride - so my daddy - came to our house and babysat me for the day! He is such a good poppa! He even cooked his delicious beef stew for me! I know - you might think it is crazy to eat beef stew when it is 100 degrees outside - but my daddy's stew ROCKS and I love it and it gives me a good dose of veggies, meat, and goodness all in one bowl!

I did find the motivation to finish my window valances for the nursery on Sunday. Momma bought me some material with baby monkeys on it and instructed me on the proper way to make a window treatment. I must say - as long as you don't look too closely - they look pretty okay! I also finished the baby jungle animals wall hanging. Hubby was looking for a bamboo rod today to hang it on the wall with. We also have a palm tree ish - tree in there that Momma gave us and Daddy "happily" helped Mark load in our car. Our Jungle theme nursery is coming together a little bit at the time. Momma is re-finishing and painting our changing table/dresser. The top is the changing table and then below are drawers for storage. She is painting it light green, because she says every room needs at least one piece of painted furniture, and adding little baby jungle animals as the hardware. All other furniture will be cherry.

Let's see - sitting at work all day is becoming a very difficult task. Snuck a 30 minute nap on the couch today- just not long enough and not relaxing enough because constantly worrying somebody is going to walk in .... Supposed to set me up so I can do my web site from home, but they have yet to do it.. and they may wait too long!! But then that will be their fault and problem - NOT MINE! At least my dr. did write me a note to get me out of going to sales - which has come in extremely handy the last month!

1 comment:

she-she said...

Landon looks so grown up in his school uniform. What a handsome guy!
I love the theme of the babies' room.
I didn't know that you were a seamstress. Grace has many hidden talents. Stay cool and collected through your these fall- baby growin' days!