Friday, July 31, 2009

Bigger Family, Bigger House

Oh the ever changing Taylors! We (well, I should say Mark and my parents) moved us into a bigger house yesterday. It is just a street over from where we were living now, so that was one positive of the moving. We just couldn't stay in that little house with two more kiddos and lots of stuff set to arrive. We lucked into a much nicer and bigger house, so it would of been silly not to jump on it.

Dad and Mark spent all day yesterday moving and Mom spent all day cleaning, setting up and crackin' the whip on Dad and Mark if they ever paused for two seconds! She was determined that if she can get an entire B&BW store rearranged within 12 hours when corporate headquarters had alloted 24 hours for the move - she could get us moved in a day! And by gosh, she basically got it done. Of course, poor Dad and Mark both looked like walking zombies by 9:30 last night when Mom and Dad finally left, but we are MOVED!

They did all this while my (huge... not even going to tell what the scales read at my dr. appt. this week!) pregnant behind sat up at work and was very unproductive! Heard two very good heart beats - it is wild because the kiddos do not appreciate that soundwave system or whatever they use. The minute she touches it to my stomach the boxing match begins! They have gotten strong enough that Mark was even able to barely feel kicking the other night. I let Daddy feel last night and he could too. About 3 more months to go! It is so weird to look at myself in the mirror and see this pregnant person looking back at me! Ummm - no one told me either that my belly button would disappear, well it is still there but I guess now it is an outie!!!! Totally freaks me out!

Landman digs his new room. It is more than twice the size of his last room. In the old room we could barely fit his bed and dresser - now in this new room it looks like the poor child has no furniture! And can you believe we actually have our refrigerator in the kitchen now!! Sounds crazy I know, but at our old house, the spot for the refridge was built for one of the old little refridges, and of course ours is a huge double door stainless steel one - so - out to the garage it went! After a year and a half we just go used to it. Now, the kitchen looks weird with a refrigerator in it! hahaha!

I must say, my parents really are the greatest! I am so spoiled, but in a good way (at least I like to think) I am just spoiled in the fact that I got to have these amazing two people for parents. They just give and give and give and I am not sure I could ever express or show them how much I appreciate them or love them! Growing up you see the things your parents do for you and you understand it is from love but I don't think kids have a grasp of what being a parent entails. I know, my admiration of my parents doubles everyday since I became an adult and parent and now get to experience first hand what they dealt with when I was growing up. I just pray I can be and am half the parent they were and continue to be to me, my husband, my brothers, their wives, and growing number of grandkids! When I was 5 I thought my parents were the greatest, when I was 15 I loved them, when I was 25 I adored them, and now I love, adore, cherish and thank God everyday for them, and know without a doubt - they are the greatest!

1 comment:

she-she said...

Congratulations on the new home! Katharine moved to Chicago this week, and Jessica to Arlington, Virginia.
Change is in the air for everyone! Can't wait to see you and the growing babies!