Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Babies, T-Ball, Weddings oh My!

So, Pops pointed out to me this past weekend that it has been over a month since I last gave a MGTaylor family update. Since our lives have been consumed it seems with T-Ball All-Stars, I will start there!

Much to the hubby and my dismay, the All-Stars are still going strong. We started the regular spring season at the end of March! Here it is mid July and we are still playing!! And it isn't like we have a game or two a week - we play 4 to 5 nights a week!!

We thought "Oh, T-Ball All-Stars! We will have 1 or 2 tournaments and be done." WRONG! We were so naive. Last week we Won the District Tournament - so we are playing in the Regional tournament this week. Looks like we are going to make it through it in either 1st or 2nd place, which means - we move on to the STATE tournament!! At least there is an end in sight now!




The star Right fielder is on the front row, left!

Now, I am going to brag on him a little bit. So Brace yourselves!
Besides the fact that he thinks he and Michael Young are one in the same person - he really is doing super well! He is by far the best hustler on the team, which I take great pride in. He was even awarded the game ball for his hustle following one game.

Also, as right fielder, one of his jobs is to back up the first baseman. On more than one occassion, he has done so and thrown the runner out at 2nd. Just last night, a ball was hit into left field and the left fielder over threw 2nd base, well, Killer was there to scoop the ball up and he threw the runner out at 3rd. It really is very cool to see him learn the game and know what to do with the ball! He also made a shoe string catch of a fly ball last night. He timed it almost perfectly - he came running up and caught it just before it hit the ground for the last out of the game. He is the FIRST outfielder on our team to catch a fly ball!!!

I just hope his little brother and sister will have as much natural athletic ability as he seems to have! Yes, In case you haven't heard, I am about 20 weeks PREGNANT with twins! A little boy and a little girl! We are super excited and terrified all at the same time! I would post a picture of myself, but I am horrified by what I see! I actually got in the pool with Killer this weekend and I really was the definition of Beached Whale!!

When I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office today- I almost fainted! They also seem to be very active little ones at this point. I can feel lots of activity and today during the sonogram, the technician had a difficult time looking at everything because they kept moving around so much! Killer is excited about the boy - but says he plans on having nothing to do with the little girl, because she can't play baseball....

I have been shocked as how just completely out of it I have been. It is like my mind refuses to think or function sometimes! Not to mention my body- I couldn't even finish eating one night - because lifting the fork exhausted me! But at least now, I am back to being able to at least stay awake for the 10 o'clock news...most of the time! :)

Let's see - everyone returned from Tyler's wedding in Las Vegas in one piece - I think! He and Nicole got married on June 16th at one of the little white chapels there in Vegas. I was a little disappointed she opted for her dad rather than an Elvis impersonator to walk her down the aisle. She is from Shallowater, small town outside of Lubbock, and is a school teacher.

Texas Longhorn breeders continue to be crazy as a bunch of loons! Big shock there!

Okay, I think I have caught up on goings on in our quickly growing family!! From 3 to 5 in the course of nine months... sometimes I wonder just what the hell were we thinking!! (Not really!) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the outfielder on the front row with those amazing dimples,is the star,Micheal Young is just keeping his spot warm,Here we come Texas Rangers,as for the twins,that going to be double fun. love mld