Wednesday, October 22, 2008

#6


Killer telling Pops what the proper way to feed cows is.

"Not to worry Pops, I can handle checkin' the heifers by myself now!"

We have done it! Well, for two years anyways. Be married that is. The wonderful hubby and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday. I guess you can call it celebrated. He fed me ... wait for it .... wait for it... ARBY'S! Isn't he the most romantic thing ever! No, we actually went and had lunch together, so that was my meal. And with as busy as things have been at work, we just opted to shop together. So, I got a absolutely beautiful Jessica Simpson purse. The girl may be as ditzy and stupid as the day is long, but she certainly knows her fashion! The love of my life got ... guess... if you know him, you are probably right.. a deer blind! So very exciting isn't it!
I must say though, none of that really mattered to me- it was really just about being married to him- like it was two years ago on Oct. 21, 2006. It wasn't about the dress, the flowers, the location, the hoopla. It was just about becoming his wife, the person he would spend the rest of his loving, saying I do to this man that I would spend the rest of my life loving, becoming a family. When it comes to my husband, it isn't about what he can buy me, it is about what he gives me - his heart. Which is rare for me, cause generally and he will back me up on this, I am pretty SHALLOW! As shown by my desire for expensive shoes and purses!

I realized one night as I was standing outside in the dark and cold at the Sweetwater "Trail of Lights" and he had driven up there to see me- or at least that is why he said he had come- that I had an unbieveable crush on the man. And I am quite certain the last time I had a crush on anyone was when I was 5. And it was on a senior in high school. 13 years older than me .... hummm... very interesting.
But I did. I had a crush on the cop who was matching me insult for insult. And now, three years later, two of them marriage, I still have a huge crush on him! And in my heart - I know I always will. Okay- enough about him - did I mention he still doesn't put his shoes in the closet, leaves newspaper piled up on the living room floor, leaves mail strung out on the kitchen table, what? oh, sorry, I got side tracked - I just love him! :)

I got a crazy hair the other night and turned killer's room into a semi-haunted room. Bought Eye-ball lights, crazy ghoul , lots of bugs, and a skeleton and decorated his room while he was a t-ball practice. It wasn't much, but I only had about 30 minutes. He is going to be Wolverine for Halloween. He looks so cool and he knows it.




Work was super crazy last week. And now we are on deadline for the magazine this week. I don't think anyone has dressed in anything but sweats and ponytails all week.

Oh- back to the hubby, see I just can't stop talking about him. It is his B-Day on Saturday! He turns the big 4-0! He doesn't want to talk about it though!

Shagging fly balls in the backyard!

"I got it! I got it! ... I think."

No comments: