Thursday, October 2, 2008

#3


The hubby is lookin' a little tired in this picture. Must admit though, for a 5 year old - the photographer does a pretty good job.


Okay - everyone in the office has gone to lunch. I didn't feel like walking through the Stockyards to Riscky's, so I opted to stay at the office. I am supposed to be writing an article on a family that are members of the association and these people are truely amazing. There are 19 members of the family! They have adopted 15 kids from other countries, and some of the kids have disablities. They are so amazing there have been numerous stories in magazines, television, and newspapers on them. Kinda makes it hard to find a new angle to tell the story ... So that is what I am doing now - getting ready to send the parents a horribly long e-mail full of questions! She home schools the kids, so my best chance to talk to them is via e-mail. Not the greatest journalistic approach ... but you try talkin on the phone with 17 kids ranging from ages 18-4 in the background!

We finally had to put our house in Abilene on the market. Oh joy! What wonderful timing! I am not even going to think about it - I will break out into hives stressing about it. Anyone want to buy a house?

It has been a fairly boring week around our house. T-ball practice and Dancing with the Stars. We have a T-ball tournament this weekend. Two games on Saturday and possibly games on Sunday if we win. Killer has yet to develop a certain intensity and agressiveness in his athletics. I have just about broken all my teeth from clenching my jaw to keep from yelling .. but I refuse to yell during a game. I WILL NOT BE ONE OF THOSE PARENTS!!!

Below are some older pictures but goodies ...

The little man loves shooting his bow with daddy! Now if he could only learn to quit talking for two seconds ...



For some reason the child thinks this old box is WAY more comfortable than his bed! At least he is asleep ... SILENCE!!!


So serious ... somebody must be talkin' about food!


Darby was captivated by the television ... wonder why?


Jen bringing me a batch of her homemade tamales. Literally the best tamales I have ever eaten!Ya know Jen, FedEx does run between Fort Worth and Abilene... hint hint hint!

Me- crackin' the whip - like always. I think I should go back to the chin length hair - but the hubby didn't really like it ... Arrgh! Men!

Landon giving the uncles their pass route assignments. Notice the pistol ... just in case they don't listen.


Darby loves hot towels just out of the dryer too!

After while -

No comments: