Sunday, January 15, 2012

Nine Years Old

I can not believe that Landman is nine years old! It goes by so fast! He had a full birthday weekend! On Friday we went to Abilene and had lunch with Pawpaw Bob and Uncle Kevin. Then we swung by Comanche and dropped the twins off for the weekend with Meemaw and Pops. On Saturday we took Landman and his friend Mason to Medieval Times! MMEEDDDDIIIEEEVVALLLLLL TIIIIMMMEEESSS! as the MC would say!
Meemaw and Pops bought him an extreme Bop it! It frustrates me! Sometimes I want to put it through the wall! 
My pretty little angel! 
Crazy boy! That got ketchup all over his shirt! 
Uncle Kevin and the birthday boy. 
Opening his present from Daddy and Me. 
Ah a 22...just what every nine-year-old boy needs! As you can imagine I had no part in choosing the birthay gift! 
Mason and Landman making their way to the Medival Times Castle. 



Most of the "plot" was totally lost on the boys...they just wanted to see some sword fighting! 
Our Knight was the Green Knight! Since we went to the early performance it was not a packed house and we lucked into front row seats!! SCORE! 
I liked our Knight - I am pretty sure he thought he was a big time wrestler and he loved to play to the crowd. Just makes it more fun! 
The King and Princess of the land!

That horse has one heck of a vertical leap! 

I was such a proud mama! My child did not bat an eyelash at the "no silverware" thing! (I say that proud bit very sarcastically!) 
The "bad guy" - could of passed for Russell Crowe's twin brother! 


Throwing flowers to the girls! 

Yup - Our Knight was definately flirting with me! LOL! Funny how kids are about this kinda thing...Landman did not like it at all when I told him our knight liked me! LOL! 
Then a flower came my way! 
He probably figured Mark had brought his kids to the show! LOL - Just kidding darling! 


I am pretty sure our Knight just stuck some feathers in his motorcycle helmet!  



Finally they got around to what the boys were waiting on! 

I have to admit...these guys have to be in pretty good shape to do all this sword fighting. I was worn out just watching them.




A little dramatic of a death kick if you ask me! LOL!  
The Championship fight! Sadly our Green Knight bit the dust! 
The "bad guy" returned to challenge the champion for the Princess' hand! 

I bet you can guess who won. 


The hubby and I were very pleased and felt we got every penny worth. And yes, the hubby and I cheered and yelled 10 times more than the two boys did. Yup, we were THOSE dorky parents! LOL!  And I have to say this is way more fun to do than having a big birthday party with a bunch of hooligans!

No comments: