As a stay-at-home mom I feel part of my job description includes a little bit of educational time for the twins. But in case anyone does not know what I got my college degree in....it was NOT Education!!! My oldest child has heard this many times..."I am not a teacher! That is why you pay attention to the actual teacher in class, because mama is not going to re-teach it at home!" (And the Mother of the Year Award goes to....)
Any how, I can muddle through the basic colors, numbers, animals etc., but mind you not for long! But there are mornings when I just have to buckle down and do the other aspect of my stay-at-home mom job and that is clean! On those days, Mickey Mouse or Astro Boy generally get to handle the child rearing job but sometimes mama needs motivation and nothing motivates me to clean, work-out, you name it like the EAGLES can!
Some days the twins get an education in what real music is! They will not fall prey to the likes of any "beiber fever!" They learn about real musicians who can play an instrument and still carry a tune. I mean is there anything greater than listening to Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh and Timothy Schmidt. I can listen to each of them individually and collectively.
So today Reid and Ella got their dose of Eagles. I must say - and am proud to - they really enjoyed them! They didn't ask for Mickey or Robot Boy once during the whole concert! YES!
Digging on a little super bass by Timothy Schmidt...
The utterly cooler than cool Glenn Frey...
The wild man Joe Walsh..
The super talented Don Henley...
Ella Grace is clapping...Where are the good bands like this nowadays? Guess that is why they are legends!
No comments:
Post a Comment