Yesterday was also Uncle Tyler's Birthday - Good gracious we are all getting so old! He is 35! Seriously!?!?!?!? :)
So, since my mama worked on Mother's Day - my little family just hung out at our house. We had lots going on though! It was one of those jam packed kinda weekends. The hubby bought a new ceiling fan to go in our bedroom - so I tried to avoid peeking in the bedroom when I heard copious amounts of cursing...but I finally had to breakdown and go in there. And let me just say (no gloating intended here...) but he needed me! DON'T EVER FORGET THAT MARK!!! I know it must be difficult for him to come to terms with the fact that his wife can install a ceiling fan when he can not but he should just thank his lucky stars he has me! I credit my wonderful daddy for this - he made us pay attention when he fixed things ! LOL!
Love you Mark! :)
We also had Landman's baseball game Saturday afternoon. They won in quick fashion which is always nice. Thriller made some excellent plays at third base. He is a good third baseman. His batting lacked a little that game but you know me...I am all about the defense anyways. Defense wins Championships!!
After that we had to rush home to catch the Kentucky Derby and hope of seeing Uncle Cameron and Aunt Melisa hob-knobing with Nick Lachey at the Derby! Uncle Cam and Melisa have been living out Cam's dream this past weekend by spending it at the Kentucky Derby. Since Friday they have been dressed to the nines at Churchill Downs! I will definately post pictures when I get them! And of course my husband will NEVER be offered a job as a handicapper! There went a sizeable junk of our grocery budget this month! Sorry kids-- you will have to go hungry today because your daddy blew it all on the most exciting 2 minutes in sports! Thanks daddy!
Love you Mark! LOL!
So on Mother's Day - Daddy and Landman put together his Father's Day gift (yeah, you heard me - long story) and did all the cooking, set-up and even put together the picnic table in the back yard! It was a wonderful meal and a nice little family outing in our very own backyard! Then later in the afternoon, the hubby attempted to put up another ceiling fan in Landman's room. Once again I had to step in! LOL!
Love you Mark! XOXOXOXO
Below are photos of my little helpers as I type this blog this morning!
This adorable little boy was peaking around the corner at me. So sweet.
He was trying to give himself a breathing treatment. All his allergies backed up last week and he developed a little weeez along with ear infections in both ears!...so he has been doing this all this week. Breathing scares the crap outta me! I pray everyday to the good Lord that asmatha is not in our future!! Reid actually enjoys doing the medicine though - I think it brings back memories of the NICU - why he would want that memory is beyond me! Funny thing is - this little boy even knows how to pour the medicine in and will find an empty vial and act like he is pouring the medicine in and then put it up to his face.
My best little buddy insisted on sitting with me and looking at photos and Pioneer Woman reciepes! If you don't know about Pioneer Woman...run fast and look at her blog- you will wonder where you have been all this time! She, along with Cher and Kate Middleton (Duchess of Cambridge - Hello!) are my idols! There is no defining me!
I could literally spend all day just kissing on her! While she and Reid have known and understood the word NO for quite some time - only recently have they begun using the word! It is so funny when they trot over to the pantry and knock on the door for me to open it and then proceed to shake their heads and say "NO" as I offer them a litney of snacks until I hit upon what they want! The hubby and I laughed so hard yesterday when Reid was sitting in his lap and started grunting - Mark asked him "Are you pooping?" Reid turned to look at Mark and then shook his head and said "No!" So funny and cute! They are becoming little people!
Our Spread for Mother's Day lunch
No comments:
Post a Comment