Monday, October 4, 2010

Sick and Tired

Goodness it has been a long and exhausting week. I knew it would happen I just kept hoping that maybe it wouldn't really happen....but it did. Landman came home from school last Monday with a sore throat and swollen tonsils. We took him to the doctor on Tuesday and his first strep test came back negative so they said it was just allergies! So we went on with life as usual . Well on Friday my Ladybug started running a fever, it wasn't a high fever so I just kind of kept an eye on her.

Well about 3 p.m. that day the dr.'s office calls and says Landman's second strep test came back POSITIVE! Wonderful! and here we had let him be around the twins all week! So now I was really worried about Ladybug's fever! So I took her to the doctor on Saturday morning - they did step test on her - first came back negative and we are still waiting on the second one. But the doctor also thinks hers could be related to the chickenpox and MMR shots she got last week. Says that those vaccines are live and it usually takes 10 to 14 days for fever to hit - which would also explain the sudden red bumps on her that I thought were mosquito bites!

And of course Saturday evening Reid started running a fever. His was a lot higher than Ella's, so back to the doctor I go on Sunday morning! This time - we found both ears had infections! His allergies have been so bad that all the drainage has backed up into his ears! Guess that explains why his fever was so much higher! I am just so thankful our doctor sees kids on the weekends! Certainly makes momma feel better knowing I can still see a doctor on the weekend instead of having to worry and wait all weekend!

Everybody is on medicine and has been fever free for over a day - so keep your fingers crossed for me - that everyone is on the mend and that Daddy and I don't catch anything!

Three kids all sick makes for a sick and tired momma! Serenity Now! Serenity Now!


The healthy start on books for the twins.


Enjoying the cooler weather and the rain last weekend!


Baked spaghetti I made this weekend...makes me hungry.


Reid got left with his daddy and brother while Ella and I went to the doctor and this is what happens! They all got into my makeup and used it to give Reid his first mustache! Sweet boy doesn't seem to mind!


The purse snatcher! She loves all things dealing with clothes, shoes and bags!


She also loves refried beans and queso from Rosa's!

Daddy didn't take any pictures of big brother at the baseball tournament this weekend so I am lacking Landman pictures for the week!

No comments: