Saturday, August 28, 2010

Last Days of Summer

Thriller spent his last week of summer vacation in Comanche with Meemaw and Pops. Not only does that mean he gets to get up early with Pops to check cows and do "cowboyin" stuff, but it also means he gets to get his hair cut at a real bonafide "barber shop." I have many memories of being the only girl in Kirkland's barber shop! No, thank goodness I never got my hair cut there I just got to wait while Pops and my brothers did. I still managed to score a piece of bubble gum everytime though! Landman was a little leary the first time we suggested Kirkland cut his hair, but he digs it now.

Landman and Kirkland....amazing, not a single thing has changed in that barber shop since the last time I was in it and that was easily 15 years ago!
Uncle Cameron, Melisa, Jordan, Uncle Tyler and Aunt Nicole all made a trip to visit on the weekend and everybody rode horses. I was informed that Landman would not ride one by himself...still too scared. I gave him grief for that! I am almost certain I had already been thrown for the 1st time from a horse by the time I was his age...maybe even younger!!
Just shows how soft the grandparents are on the grandkids when they were NOT on their own kids! I remember vividly being told to get back on the horse and show it who was in charge! (Umm it was definately NOT me and the horse knew it!) Not even sure I can count the number of times I have been dumped off a horse...and all before I was 12! Horses have never been my thing. I can ride one if I have to but it is safe to say it is certainly not on my list of FUN activities!

Landman and Pops! not sure what horse they are on...
Jordan, Uncle Cameron and Landman. As you can see... Uncle Cam had his hands full! Riding with one kid and leading the other!

No comments: