Friday, August 6, 2010

Growing Kids and Garage Sale

My twins are getting so big, it blows my mind and makes me a little sad. Everyone always said how fast the time would go, but when you are spending sleepless nights and endless crying from a bad case of acid reflux, it kind of feels like time is standing still....but thankfully we out grew our reflux, quit having to wake up every 3 hours to eat and turned into two active constantly moving beautiful little handfuls!

We have become covered up in clutter...two swings, two bouncy chairs, two bumbo chairs, two bassinets, mountains and mountains of boy and girl clothes, bottles that the twins (and their momma didn't like) so were never used, not to mention furniture that we have had to move out of rooms because the twins needed more room or were bound to hurt themselves on. I am generally such a minimalist that sometimes if given the chance I would get rid of everything that isn't nailed down! So that has brought us to our current situation- GARAGE SALE! yes, my husband and I have both questioned my sanity but it had to be done. Just had to buck up and do it. So - I have attempted to get ready all this week - but it is super hard to do so when you can't take your eyes or hands off two little ones! They pull up and want to stand on everything and I just know somebody is going to get hurt! We don't have carpet so the hard wood floor provides no cushion!

I had to break into all the baby clothes that no longer fits and it almost made me cry. They really have grown so much since they came home from the hospital. I tell Mark everyday...can you believe it has almost been a year! What a crazy and wonderful 1st year this has been! Very few people will ever understand the stress yet absolute joy we have gone through. Thanks to our wonderful families and a few truly great friends - we have survived it! ....I think!


The dinosaur outfit is one they both wore in the hospital and once they came home for about a minute! I can't believe this child was ever that small!


Engaging in their favorite activity... standing up on the fireplace and stressing their momma out!


No way my little Reid ever fit this...but he did!


Just one small box of clothes I have had to go through and price for the garage sale...there are about 4 more boxes just like it!

I took this at about 1 a.m. - the hubby was sleepy soundly as were the twins, but not their momma! So sweet how they always work their way towards one another...but that also lends to somebody waking the other up and then I have two tired and cranky kiddos to deal with! But can't even think about splitting them up yet!

No comments: