Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter In Comanche

Easter 2013! Started out worried it was going to be an overcast and yucky day, but the sun came out and it was a beautiful day to spend outside, which is exactly what we did! We woke up and got everyone dressed and headed for Comanche. Before we left I took a photo shoot of the twins...(older brother was having an attitude and a re-adjustment...so he was not included). Thankfully Reid and Ella are generally willing to oblige their mama these days.  Except for the fact that I can rarely get them to smile at the same time!
Ella had to include her lamb the Easter Bunny brought her!

And the many faces of Reid and Ella begin...


My favorite! They are both so sweet, but in different ways. He is a sweet boy and she is a sweet girl and trust me...there is a difference! 




Headed to the car to go see everyone!

Fast forward two hours later and here we are in the used car lot of Ray Dudley! Ready to Hunt some EGGS!!!
 
Hello, My name is Grace Taylor and I have a 45-year-old - 3-year-old! Reid has always been a very focused kid. He makes sure all his DVDs are in order, the actual DVD turned the proper way, keeps all his Hot-Wheels lined up properly, he even organizes his Transformers on the window sill in the bathroom...but it never crossed my mind that that aspect of his personality would spill over into hunting Easter eggs!
 
He had already told me he was going to open the eggs when he found them, and I tried to tell him, "No, just get as many as you can and then open them!" "No, I open them!", he said.
 
So I knew it was going to be slow going with him, because he would have to inspect each one (he did that last year too)  But I had NO idea he would be SELECTIVE about what eggs he picked up!  He would by pass eggs completely and when someone would point it out to him he would say "I don't want that one!!!" OMG! seriously! He is only 3!
 
He only wanted BLUE eggs or Spiderman Eggs!

First blue egg and having to open it immediately to see what was inside!

 
 
Reid had one egg and in the same amount of time Ella had filled her basket! That is my tenacious girl!

 Basket full of blue and touching the red Mickey Mouse like it is a bomb! Two seconds later he dropped it like a hot rock!

My beautiful girl happily filling her basket!

Handsome daddy and son. 
Her basket got too heavy so she left it and started gathering with her hands.



Another blue egg! He finally agreed to pick up some spiderman eggs, but it took some convincing since they were NOT blue! As you can see he totally disregarded the orange things behind him.



Aunt Lori spotted a blue egg!

Run Reid Run!
An example of how sweet his sister is....she had no care about the blue or spiderman eggs because those were Bubba's!
 


Little Man Rhett was in no big hurry either! Uh oh...I see the "in no rush" Dudley men trait has trickled down to the next generation!

So thankful my kiddos get a life where they hunt Easter Eggs with Hereford Bulls in the next pasture! What a wonderful life!

 

Wide open spaces!

Hey look! I found a BLUE egg! Shocker! And walking right by a bright green one! 
 
And now for the grandkid picture attempt! Thankfully, everyone was willing but Rhett could not keep from stealing eggs and that was stressing Reid and Ella. It was so funny so I have to include the entire series. I just held down the repeat action on my camera! CLASSIC!
Taking Ella's and she is not happy about it but trying to stay calm for the photo!
 
More than she could take...trying to get it back 
She got hers back and then he stole Reid's...At this point all adults are laughing uncontrollably.

Reid isn't going to stand for it and is going after his egg!
Rhett trying to make a get-away! 
I was a little nervous Reid was going to rip off his shirt and yell HULK SMASH and come after Rhett, veins popping!  
And adults finally step in. 
Kind of a success..... 
Anybody want to also take notice that all Spiderman eggs are on one side and all blue eggs are on the other! He makes me nervous! hahaha! 
 
And next we have classic redneck/hillbilly stuff A&E would love! Exactly why we don't need to be on camera! Only Pops would create his own train! 
 Dudley Express is pulling out! 


Reid decided driving and being in control was the best option! (Just like his mama!) 
My sweet girl happily waving!




Rylan already has the "farmer" drive down. One arm out the window. When you get stuck in the pink car you gotta make up for it with natural coolness! 
Rhett in his hoody...just chillin'. 
Tooling around on the back patio. 
No family gathering would be complete without cutting wood! hahaha! Wait...maybe we are perfect for tv... 
Once again...so blessed that we get to sit in the backyard and this is our view. 
The Incredible Hulk/Ironman loose in Meemaw and Pops' backyard. 
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Jamie, Diana, J'Lee, Jaxon, and Jett said...

such an adorable family! I love the picture of them hugging each other. I can't believe how big they are getting.