Last Sunday was my wonderful mama's birthday!
And can I just say that I now worry about my parents as much as I do my kids! I know that is going to make my mother laugh, but it is true!
I called her bright and early on her birthday to see what she and my daddy had planned for the day. And she replied with "getting ready to go to Austin."
WHAT THE HELL?!!!" was my response!
I am pretty certain I can count the number of times my parents have gone to Austin on 4 fingers!
One time to watch their daughter get beat in the semi-final game of the State basketball tournament, One time to watch their daughter WIN the State basketball tournament, one time to watch their youngest son triple jump in the state track meet, and then one time for dad to have his heart procedure!!!!
So, yes, the hair-brain ideas they come up with now that they have an empty nest, stresses their worry wort daughter alot! But nonetheless, if I started right now and said every minute of every day how much I love and appreciate my mother, it still wouldn't be enough. I don't function without my mama and yes, as unhealthy as my brothers think it is, the minimum of 3 phone calls a day we have! I ask anyone reading this right now.....why haven't you called your mother today? If you can, why wouldn't you?
But this is also coming from the girl that prefered hanging out with her parents on the weekends as opposed to the kids I went to school with. My parents were a lot more fun !
And because I know my mother will want to see a least one picture of her babies...I will leave her with this image of the aftermath of Ironman crash landing off the couch!
He was quite proud of the blood.....uh oh!
No comments:
Post a Comment