OMG! I completely forgot to post that yesterday, October 21st, was our 6th wedding anniversary! But don't worry, I didn't actually forget the day! But don't get excited...we didn't do anything for our anniversary either. Mostly that is my fault! My poor husband. I am not sure if he WON the lottery or got stuck with a stick in the mud in the wife category!
If he had his way, we probably would of done something, anything...but his CHEAP wife, just can not ever justify in my mind spending money on some extravagant meal, activity, or gift simply because we have done what we promised to do "love each other til death due us part!" He is definately the romantic in the relationship. Fundamentally, we are polar opposites. He is a "yes" person and I am a "no" person. So we have certainly had to learn how to compromise but it isn't like it was hard staying married for six years- it has flown by, which I think means we are having fun. Yes, it has been a roller coaster six years, but I couldn't imagine riding this ride with anyone else. Yeah, we drive each other nuts sometimes, but I think if you aren't driven a little crazy by your spouse than something is missing!
So on the day of our 6th anniversary - I bought steak and chicken which my wonderful husband smoked. We watched the Cowboys, took a nap, ironed clothes, mowed the yard, and ate cake.
I don't need a big ring, fancy purse, expensive electronic gadget or fancy getaway (although I would gladly accept!) for me to feel loved by my husband, I just need him to do the little things everyday that mean so much!
And hopefully I do the same for him and sometimes when I feel like I have been particularly difficult (shocking that I could be a handful, I know, but I can be) I just remember that for some reason this very good, loyal, honest, brave man has chosen to love me! And for that I am eternally grateful!
Monday, October 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment