Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy 44th Birthday!

Today is my loving husband's 44th Birthday! And as a writer I feel like I should have no problem coming up with something wonderful to say about him and I don't, but sometimes someone else has already written beautiful words and put it to music and that just seems to fit better than anything I could write. And this song may not be a "classical" love song, but it is so beautiful and it just makes me think of him. 
Probably what I like most about this song is it takes me back to when I first met him. No one can deny that after 7 years together, life gets in the way and those early giddy, can't wait to see them again, nothing else matters feelings get put behind the "I have to take the kids to the doctor today, we need milk, the dog dug a hole under the fence, the dishwasher is making a funny noise, the car needs new tires, someone has to monitor homework, the twins have spent all day being loud and destroying the house," kind of days.  
And for me this song brings me back to wanting to do nothing but "Fade into You!"

Even though it may not be a grand celebration today, just know that your wife and kids love you very much!!


By the way, this show - Nashville- I think is really good. First episode was a little hokey, but it keeps getting better each week! Love Powers Booth. He is such a good "bad" guy!

No comments: