Last weekend Aunt Lori, Uncle Jordon and Rylan came to Fort Worth and spent the day with us. Well, most of the day. Aunt Lori had to go to Dallas for work and while she did that Jordon and Rylan hung out with us (and I think it may have squashed any chance of Rylan having siblings! hahahaha!) They came bearing birthday gifts that could not of been a bigger hit! Reid got Hulk hands so that he could HULK SMASH! And believe me has he ever SMASHED! Ella got magnetic dress up dolls and she loves changing their dresses!
But more importantly, we got to love on Baby Rylan! The twins just love him. Reid has asked every day since "when is baby Rylan gonna see me?" The Bull Sale next week can not get here fast enough! And I hate to break it to my brother and sister-in-law...but they have gone from Aunt Lori and Uncle Jordy to Rylan's mommy and daddy! He is a hard act to compete with! And on a slightly selfish note, can I just say, I am pretty sure Rylan digs himself some Aunt Gracie!!!
He asks me numerous times a day to paint him green. I have refused but I fear his Meemaw may cave!!
Ella was reading books to him.
So Sweet!
Yes, it is safe to assume that Uncle Jordy is pretty popular.
And after this day, I think he has a new respect for his little sister and his mother! hahahaha!
Rylan is thinking "What a light weight!" My little guy crashed while being quiet during Rylan's nap!
Here's to hoping that in a couple of years they are not at Meemaw and Pops' house slugging each other with pillows and talking any younger cousins that may arrive into running down the hall and jumping over pillows while they try to knock them out of the air....yes...I witnessed this happening many times many years ago....SINS OF THE FATHERS......
My goober doobers had their 3-year-old checkup today and they are practically adults now!! Every previous doctor visit resulted in lots of tears when mama would step away for them to be examined...but not today! Both kiddos, happily chatted to the nurse and doctor. Never gave a moment's hesitation. The only tense moment came when Ella got her flu mist and Reid got the flu shot! But my big tough guy still didn't cry! He said OW! and then had his lip turn over and big tears come to his eyes, but by the time I could turn around he was fine and ready to pick out a toy!
But I do have to tell, when the doctor came in and asked how everyone was doing, Ella immediately told him "My tummy hurt while I was sleeping. And it hurt when I woke up this morning." But she promptly added "but it feels better after I go potty!" He laughed and said "I'll bet!" And not to be left out Reid proudly told him "I PEED IN A CAN!"
And it was the absolute truth! HAHAHA! The minute we arrived in the parking lot of the doctor's office, Reid let me know he needed to potty! Well, his hypocondriact mother told him there wasn't a potty! We try to avoid going potty in public places if at all possible! (They already know not to touch anything because it has gross germs Yup, yes they do!) But he said he really needed to potty! Well, the bathroom at the doctor's office is like a petri dish (in my mind! ) and there was no way I was taking them both in there, so I crawled in the back seat and my big boy proceeded to fill up my empty Dr. Pepper can! and like a CHAMP!
And yes, I was a little embarrassed when he told the doctor but thankfully the doctor didn't look at me like I was a total crazy lady! Hahaha!
1 comment:
My favorite story: peeing in the can! Jaxon 's favorite place is the back porch to see how far he can pee. Boys!
Post a Comment