Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Containment!

Containment has become the name of the game around our household. It is totally wild. I think Meemaw and Pops are the only two people who can truly understand what a handful TWO little ones are. Both Meemaw and Pops have bravely babysat for me an entire day by themselves!
It was so funny to walk in the house each day when either my mom or my dad had been babysitting. The atmosphere was completely different and totally in line with their own personalities.
When I would walk through the door and my mom was babysitting - every light in the house was on. The t.v. was blaring, I think a radio might of been going too. The living room looked like a toy explosion had happened, kids were everywhere and Meemaw was trying to talk on the phone! Totally my mom! Constant action and lots of stuff going on at the same time! Of course the little ones LOVE IT!
When I walked through the door when my dad was babysitting, all the lights were off, soft soothing jazz music was playing, one kiddo was asleep in the crib and the other was being rocked in my dads arms. Totally different scene - totally Pops! But yet again, the kiddos also LOVE IT!
I will never be able to tell my parents enough how much they mean to me and how grateful we are for all their help! Physically and Emotionally! LOL!

Back to my attempts at keeping my little movers contained and safe! It is shocking how quickly they can get into things! We have had to cover all the outlets already! They insist on opening kitchen cabinets, and the other day Reid managed to turn the trash can over and cover himself with a bunch of trash and leftovers I had just cleaned out of the refridge!
So my days are filled with constantly trying to wrangle them, keep them happy about being contained, (which they hate) and keep them from getting into something they shouldn't be in. They both also are getting to the point that they want to be standing. Given the chance they will both pull themselves up on something, which scares me to no end! I am always worried they are going to fall over backwards and smack their little heads! I guess I will be worried for the rest of my life! I am SO not going to be good at letting go! My poor kids! I already irritate other parents in the drop off line at school I just know - because I can't bring myself to drive away until I see Landman actually go in the doors. I can't bring myself to drive away any sooner even though he is on the sidewalk with all the other kids and there are teachers outside... Just a nervous parent! Thanks mom! I know I get it from you! But I still love you!


My little Reid doing his best to convince me to let them out!

So funny because I could feel him watching me.

What is bad is that they can both pull the baby gates down, no matter how tightly I wedge the m in somewhere, they can usually gang up and get it pulled down!


Ella's new favorite thing - Nuby - this allows me to give her solid food and not worry too much about her choking. She has to chew it down and almost liquify it before she can get anything through the little holes. As you can see, she stole Reid's as well!
Like always, he did nothing but smile about it!

No comments: