Monday, June 21, 2010

"Crappy Monday" and Father's Day


Reid allows this kind of behavior - now had the roles been reversed...Ella would of been screaming bloody murder!

Oh it has been a "Crappy Monday" and I mean literally! Let's see - started off waking up at 4 a.m. and simply unable to go back to sleep. Started to wake one of the sleeping babies up just so I would have a valid reason to be awake at that hour! Finally fell back a sleep at 6 a.m. just as the alarm was going off and babies were waking up.
Then as my hubby is getting dressed to go to the doctor for a regular checkup he realizes he had pulled a muscle in his back wrestling with our oldest child the night before. WONDERFUL! He could barely dress himself. So as I am trying to get him out the door - both babies decide to unload in their diapers and demand to be changed! So what happens? oh you guessed it!
The nosey now mobile little toots managed to get into each others business as I am trying to get the other changed! Yes - poop was all over them, all over me, and Landman was running around yelling "oh gross! and I am screaming at him to help me and go get more wipes! The only thing that would of topped it off would of been if he had been totally grossed out and puked everywhere - which he has been known to do! And all of this had happened before 9 a.m.!
Thankfully, once everyone got an early morning bath - our day has improved!
Right now my two little handfuls are sitting in the floor playing and Landman has gone to a water park with a friend!

Father's Day came and went fairly uneventfully. When you have two 8 month olds and a 7 year old - finding time to get out and do Father's Day shopping becomes a full contact sport! We did all venture out on an early morning trip to Hobby Lobby to find stuff required to make Daddy a Father's Day photo. Meemaw insisted that I take all the kids picture with them spelling out DAD - once again simple in theory - extremely difficult in reality. But I attempted it - It wasn't great - but I am not used to trying to take photos of people with such short attention spans! Enjoy my many outtakes below!

Ella wanted to eat the letters of course - Reid tried to beat them to death and Landman was just bored with the whole process!




Ella realized she could hold the letters better than big brother.


Now Reid decides he can do a better job.

This was the winning photo. I did it in black and white so that their non-matching bottoms was not so obvious. Daddy pretended to love it even if he did really want an electric smoker... Sorry babe!

No comments: