
Together Again.... Finally!

Little Miss Thang! It has been a long day!
So we finally got to let Reid and Ella be reunited for a quick photo shoot yesterday. Mark and I were holding the kiddos and their nurse let us pull their beds close enough we could put them together for some photos! It was so great to finally see them next to each other. I know it is probably just the parent in me, but I could literally feel them both relax and become very chill once we put them together. It was very sweet!
Didn't get a picture of brother in his outfit just because he was all wrapped up in his blanket and we didn't want to disturb him. Sister was just in dire need of a diaper change!!
One of the nurses this morning was quizzing me about their names, so I thought I would explain how we chose them. It really was a very easy process. It didn't take us too long to hit upon them and fall in love with both.
My daddy's name is Ray Marshall and I knew I wanted something very similar. We had been pondering over Reese Marshall, but it just wasn't rolling off the tongue like we wanted. Then one day after watching an episode of Mark's favorite childhood show - Adam-12 - we were talking about it and Mark threw out Jim Reed (the name of the character of his childhood hero... a police officer) and it was perfect! Reid Marshall was decided on immediately! (Mark also wanted to use the name Malloy (the name of the other police officer... but I drew the line at that!)
It was a given that Grace would be the middle name, but there was some indecision on the first name for our little girl. I was pulling for Ada Grace. But Mark said he couldn't get over the fact that it was a town in Oklahoma. He got Ella in his brain, and if you know Mark, there was no changing it. The more I thought on it, the more perfect it began to sound. So, Ella Grace it was!
Reid Marshall and Ella Grace - they also passed Mark's written test. Have to look good written out. (He is a strange man sometimes but I love him!) hahaha!
1 comment:
I loved finding out how they got their names! Can't wait to meet them. Hope they get to come home soon!
---Sherry
Post a Comment