And I hated it!!!!!!!
I was immediately nervous about it because the nurse started out by telling us she thought they were "still too young to be trying this but the doctor wants to." So I was automatically not feeling good about the whole situation.
Reid took to it pretty good all things considered. But little miss Ella did not like it at all. During she dropped her heart rate, so the nurse immediately quit. Then about 30 minutes later, while I was holding her, she freaked out again. Scared the crap outta me! Scariest thing I have ever seen in my life.
Thankfully the nurse could see how upset it made me and they did not try that again last night. I think she also told the doctor just how bad it went and he said today that we won't try that again until next week maybe.
I know they have to start learning sometime - but sheesh! that was just way too much for even momma to handle!!
I am definately my mother's daughter, because the minute Ella started having issues, everything in my body was telling me to RUN! But I resisted the urge to flee. It was terrible, but I would feel worse knowing I left my kiddo. But I definately have the urge to flee when things are bad! Mark says I have to toughen up and deal with it. If Ella, Reid or Landon are going to be going through something, then I should be and have to be strong enough to be there for them. And he is right. It is just so hard to overcome the fear!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, Grace, how frightening. At least you were in the right place with all the knowledgeable folks around to support you. I will keep you, Mark, Landon, Ella and Reid in my prayers. Next year at this time, they will be throwing food at Mark from their high chairs!
Love ya,
Sherry
Post a Comment