Wednesday, December 3, 2008

#10

Okay! Sorry no pictures ... Not really much going on to take pictures of or write about. I spend way too much time being stressed out by work, mortgages, and money to really kick back and have too much fun. I so wish I could be one of those people who just doesn't worry about things. But I am not. Basically only way to keep me from worrying too much is to busy myself with something. Can't shop, because I cringe everytime I spend a dime - just ask the hubby, so the only other thing I can immerse myself in is books- it is fairly cheap entertainment.

I spent a little less than the past two weeks reading all 4 books of the Twilight saga. over 700 pages some of them. I think the hubby began getting a little irritated that I constantly had my nose pressed in a book. Light, totally impossible and sappy love story. I have to admit though, for about 500 pages of the second book, Bella (the main character) is in a deep depression because Edward (the vampire) has left, and the author really made it tortureous. Reading it made me depressed! I was about ready for the girl to JUST END IT ALREADY!

When I was in college I read a book by Larry McMurtry called "Moving On." It was about a girl married to a rodeo clown and all their travels and the people she meets. I thought I could relate to it ... Oh My Gosh! It was 800 pages of pure torture! It was the most depressing, slow, tragedy, bad luck, love gone bad story I have ever read. Don't ask me why or how I finished it. I guess I kept hoping for something good to happen but it never did! I was so depressed reading the thing I began having anxiety attacks!

It made me realize - books should be light, airy, fun, and have a happy ending! Real life is hard enough! why in the world would you want to READ something so pessimistic and depressing? And I am a pessimist.

So, even though Twilight is techincally a young adult book, I liked it because everybody is happy and life is wonderful in the end! I went last weekend and saw the movie. The hubby and kiddo went to see Bolt while I saw Twilight. I have never had to listen to so many 13 year old girls giggle and scream - even when I was one. Also, there were at least two guys in there by themselves, which I found very weird. The movie was what it was. I didn't go in expecting "Breakfast at Tiffany's" so over all I enjoyed it. It was a romance and cheesy scenes and acting kinda comes with the territory!

Mark and Landon liked Bolt. Mark is worried killer is going to be like me about movies. When we got up Saturday morning, Landon was already in the living room laying on the couch watching "Turner and Hooch" Mark just doesn't get being able to sit still and watch a movie!

I am about to start a reading a book about Robert Kennedy. I have read almost everything about JFK, so I figured it was time to move on to the brother! I know neither of those topics have the happiest ending, but... I do enjoy history stuff so I do read biographies and stuff like that. A couple years ago I was very into the Kennedy assisnation, read every book I could find on it. Cameron even bought me a book that showed actual autopsy photos, it was gruesome, and yes I have an opinion on what really happened!

I also read a lot of murder mystery, lawyer books. But it has been so long since I really had a chance to just look at books. In Lubbock, Cameron and I would go in Barnes and Noble or Hastings and spend a couple of hours just browsing books. Boy, that makes us sound like nerds!

Okay, well enough of a literary lesson. As you can tell, obviously not much happening at the office right now. I have to go to a sale this weekend. Arrrgghh! It isn't like it is hard work, just that I would rather be doing something else! So much politics and back room hand shakes and deals- it all just gets so tiring! Why can't people just be honest and good? Oh well!

Hopefully will have some pictures to post next time! Toodle loo!

1 comment:

she-she said...

Yes, reading is fun. Have you ever read Dostoevesky? Try Crime and Punishment for a lilting, light read...Ha Ha. I've wondered about Twilight. My students are into it. I need to check it out. I don't want to appear too "old School" to the youngsters. I Saw Bolt, along with Stephen, Jess, and Chris when they were here for Thanksgiving. It was the only movie we could all agree on to watch. We all loved it! Merry, Merry, Ho Ho Ho...holidays almost here! Fri. is my last day at work for a while. See ya soon!---Sherry