Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Catching up on life with the Taylors

It has been a crazy start to the new year! So, lets break it down...
I have been working at the FWSSR so I am pretty MIA most of the time.
My husband has been dealing with a tooth issue. Thought it was just a cavity and got if filled only to continue to be in pain and have the dentist decide it needed a root canal. 
Landon turned 11 on Jan.14!
Reid and Ella continue to amaze us everyday.
Pops got to take a helicopter ride in order to have emergency surgery! Yeah...shaved a couple of years off all of our lives with worry. For two weeks the doctors had been letting him walk around like normal and finally figure out what was wrong and then decide time was of the essence! Nothing like having the artery in your leg leaking, thanks to a minor heart procedure!! Thankfully he seems to be on the mend now that that little leaking artery thing has been addressed!
(When you tell a man he can resume his normal activities 5-7 days post surgery...IT might behoove you to ASK what he does on a normal basis! I mean - did he look like a guy that sat behind a desk? ugghhhh!)
Mom continues to work harder and go go go go way more than she should.
And I think that pretty much covers the first 21 days of 2014.
I am tired!
 
And now for some photos from the past couple of weeks/months.
 
Yeah, I don't think the doctors realized that 5-7 days later he would be feeding cows, pulling baby calves, riding horses....:(

Not that he didn't have help! hahaha

Well...some help anyways.

Every single pillow they could find in Memaw and Pops' house.

Just a little tea party

Warming up by the heater. Yes, we have central heating and cooling, but I grew up fighting with my brothers for a spot next to the heater and so are my kids!

I think I spent 5 days playing in stockshow ribbons. I gotta admit - working behind the scenes really takes the bloom off of the STOCK SHOW! That was one of my favorite weekends of the year growing up....going to the Fort Worth Stock Show. Now that I sit in the office and look out at all the people and deal with all the people.....definitely evokes a different emotion! hahaha

My angel

My Turkey Leg eating a Turkey Leg (well a turkey wing!)

Molly and Samantha - her American Girl dolls.




30 years worth of stuffed animals
 
And then I spent 2 whole days playing in animal ear tags!

I pulled over 3500 ear tags....just for STEERS!

Decorating her big brother's birthday cake.

First day of the stock show and at 7 am the street was empty. Now that street looks like a New York City street but throw in cows, horses, and so many food vendors that I would weigh 250 lbs if they weren't also so EXPENSIVE! hahah

 
 
 

No comments: