It has been awhile. But we are still here. If you don't feel like reading verbal vomit, then feel free to move along. No exciting news to impart. I just haven't felt like posting anything. Plain and Simple. Adios!
The main reason I have not updated in awhile is because our home computer died. For some reason our home is the place that computers and all electronics come to die. It was a nice expensive Sony Viao and we only had if for about two years and it just died. I mean it was working one minute and the next nothing. It was the replacement to our previous computer that got knocked off the table and had an entire glass of Dr. Pepper spill on it. And it wasn't my husband or me that did it. And do the math and you will find the twins are mathematically removed from the blame..... Prior to 2006 I had had my computer for almost 6 years without a single issue. And then BAM - For some reason anything and everything we own falls apart! And I am not even going to get started on my vehicle windows. Well, yeah I am!
My husband and I are very similar in many ways. But one area we differ on is financials. I will go ahead and say it. I AM CHEAP! Super CHEAP. I never knew I was so CHEAP until I had to start paying for things. Turns out I am a tight wad that might even annoy my grandfather. When I was single and living by myself - I kid you not, most nights I ate like I only had 3 pennies to my name. I was more than happy to survive on a bowl of plain white rice. Yup- plain white rice was just fine by me! Cause I figured why spend money on anything more when it was generally just me. And I still don't understand why my husband is so resistant/appalled when I say "I am fine with just some rice!"
So when the window on the driver's side of our SUV quit working, our thought was TYPICAL! Gotta bite this bullet and get it fixed. So the hubby took it to the shop and they said they could not replace the peice that was not working - they had to replace the whole shebang! Thank you very much that will be slightly less than what you actually paid for the vehicle! After I quit hyperventilating - I said HECK NO! I will survive with a window that is held up by a wooden ruler jammed down in it! I figure if we (well half of America anyways) don't do something in this upcoming election, we will all be standing in bread lines in a year or so, so why spend an outrageous amount of money to fix a window on a vehicle I will no longer be allowed to drive because I will no longer be FREE! In fact if you are not proudly and loudly supporting Romney/Ryan, then please be on your way as well! Do I really need to get started on politics? No, because it makes my blood boil that there are so many ignorant people walking around.
I was born into and raised in a family that started a family business. My grandfather and his brothers built it from the ground up with hard work and integrity. And now someone is going to try and take that away and say that being successful is wrong and we should divy up any wealth my family has earned to people who haven't worked as hard? Create jobs for people to work, don't just give them food stamps! WORK WORK WORK!!! Any millionaire that has money - it came from some where and from some one WORKING HARD!!! They had ambition and worked! In the last four years what has improved in our country? And more people being on government supported programs and greater government oversight is NOT an improvement!!!! Okay - sorry - I blacked out there for a moment...where was I?
The second reason for no update in a while is simply the fact that I am sometimes overwhelmed with everyday life. Working from home is my idea of heaven, but it sure does amp up the stress level. It was one thing to do it when the twins were little and took two naps during the day and then when they were awake, I could put them in the gated in play area and life was good. Ha! Not so much now that they are a couple of weeks shy of 3 years old!!! While they do entertain themselves and each other pretty well, I still have to stop multiple times to break up fights, pull one of them down off the pantry shelves (because they get tired of me telling them in just a minute and take matters into their own hands and begin to climb the shelves to reach whatever it is they want) making numerous potty runs, (they have been potty trained for almost 7 months now and who knew that would be my biggest regret! haha not really. We still have not mastered going by themselves. If I don't oversee the end part, I end up with naked kids running through my house!) So in short, silence in my house is so abnormal that when I am on the phone with someone and they do not hear enough noise for 40 people they ask "Are the twins okay?" Working from home is most definately challenging but I would not change it for the world! I start hperventalting just thinking about allowing someone else to be infulencing my children on a dialy basis! Did I mention I am also an over the top control freak?
Summer is the busiest time at work so between working, dealing with kids, trying to keep the house in semi-respectable cleanliness, and keep everyone fed, the blog has been the one to suffer.
Told you - verbal vomit.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment