Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday!



I can not believe that my little babies are already 3 years old! It really does feel like just yesterday at this moment in time I was laying in a hospital bed, my water had broke 36 hours earlier, my dad and husband were sitting on the couch in my hospital room watching tv and I started having some serious contractions! 
When the nurse came to check me, I was dialated to a six and things started happening FAST! They were wheeling me down the hall, the nurses station was calling the OR to tell them I was on the way, the nurses were yelling that Dr. Tabor wasn't in the hospital, the other nurse was yelling to get him on the phone. 
And a very short time later, we heard a very weak little cry coming from across the room! My Reidy Pete was born on September 21, 2009 at 2:12 pm. And in no time at all Ella Grace made her entrance feet first at 2:12 pm also.
At the time I was so concerned with hearing them cry and seeing them, it didn't dawn on me how quickly Dr. Tabor must have been working to get them both delivered within the same minute, but he must have. I guess his running conversation with the surgerical assistant about having to take their wives on dates, fooled me into a false sense of non-urgency! haha! 
Three years ago, I was so excited but overwhelmed with fear and worry! There were my tiny little children already fighting and I could do nothing but lay in a bed 3 floors away! Looking back now, walking into the NICU was such a heartbreaking experience. There are so many babies in vairous sizes, monitors going off, tons of doctors and nurses. It is scary.  From having these two little angels in your stomach and then not being able to even hold them was crushing. I can't even begin to count the number of times my heart stopped in those six weeks they were in the NICU. I can't even begin to put into words the level of my stress, worry, anxiety, helplessness, terror, joy, excitement, happiness, and love. Talk about a walking roller coaster! 
I still can't belive that was three years ago! Time flies when you are having fun. And that is exactly what these two are! Yes - dealing with two preemies, two six month olds, two 1 year olds, two 2 year olds and now 2 three year olds has been CRAZY, it has also been so much fun. 
How can anyone and not look at two little tiny babies that were born at 29 weeks - were 2 lb. 10 oz and 2 lb. 14 oz. - that have turned into the smartest, quickest, most joyous healthy 3 year old kids and not see that it is all because of the Grace of God, just blows my mind. 

Meemaw and Pops snuck away from pregnant cows, Bull Sale prepping, kitchen remodel and B&BW to come spend the day with the twins yesterday. (Mom and Dad are just as busy today as they were when they had 4 kids at home!) Meemaw brought them a shared cake! (They don't even get their own birth minute either!) And we just had fun! Meemaw and Pops bought them Leappad's for their birthday. It was a hit with Ella, since she routinely purchases apps on our iphones! Reid likes to take pictures with his, but his favorite gift was a Skeleton. Yup, all boy. Just loves his monsters, bad guys, and ghosts and goblins! 
I took a lot more pictures and if I can figure out how to get them transfered to the apple, I will post them. Pawpaw Bob is coming to see them today and then next weekend cousin Rylan is coming to visit! The twins are going to think their birthday lasts for a week! 

Rapanzuel and Spiderman! 

No comments: