Wednesday, November 19, 2008

# 8


Getting the gear on.

So, are we gonna do this or not?
Well, Killer had his first true hunting experience this weekend. He and daddy got in complete camo, descented themselves, their two man chair blind and went marching out into the wilds of Comanche to kill a deer. I do have to admit though - I think Mark was more excited than Landman. From all accounts it was a fairly good outing until the little man's stomach started growling, which was just two hours into the hunt. So the blind was abandoned to make the journey back to the house and see what Meemaw had for lunch. The Landman chose to stay back with Pops and not go back for the afternoon hunt. There was just way too much going on that he might miss out on.

One thing killer would of gladly missed out on was the arrival of Tyler and Nicole. He was not happy about their presence at all. They were cutting into Pops' time and he let everyone know he was not happy about it. This was the first time I have gotten to meet Nicole and I must say, I am a little confused as to what she sees in my big brother - but as demonstrated by my choice in husband - there is no accounting for taste! ha ha ha just kidding babe! You know I adore you! I really liked Nicole a lot. Lets just hope she doesn't wise up anytime soon! ha haha haha
Well, the hubby finally got his big buck on Sunday morning. He had no more crossed the fence behind the house when I heard a shot ring out. I was a little bit nervous we were going to have a repeat of an earlier incident with Mark, gun and crawling over the fence. I will let him tell that story sometime! But my fears were unfounded because he had indeed shot a deer. An 11 pt. I think! Venison here I come! Yippee!

Darby figured out that Ambrose puts off a lot of heat, so she finally tried to snuggle up to him. He just looked irritated, but let her stay. He is such a sweet boy, really.

Darby has had to come to work with me all this week. Drama there that I don't even want to go into. If the little twit could just keep her mouth shut and not bark at every little noise, I wouldn't have to drag her to work with me. But she is a chihuahua and she barks, so she has become my little desk gremlin.
Thanksgiving is next week. Can't wait to gorge myself on Turkey and Dressing!!
Be seeing you in the funny pages!

1 comment:

she-she said...

Great stories! I love the pics or Mark and Landon. Darby is adorable too. Have you seen BOLT yet? Fun dog movie for kids and kids at heart. Jessica and Chris went with us to see it before they flew back to Chicago.
Missed you on turkey-day. Hope it was fun.
---Sherry