So around this house, we prefer to give rather than take when it comes to Halloween and candy! We are just such generous souls. (Really it has more to do with Mama would rather pull all her fingers and toes off than go to a crowded carnival or door to door! Mother of the year!)
And thankfully, my two littlest ones were A Okay with that! It has been years of buying Landman Halloween costumes only to have him balk at wearing the full costume come trick-or-treat time! EVERY YEAR same thing! Had to be a certain thing and then at the last minute refuse to wear the mask or something! And EVERY YEAR it was a big fight about the costume! EVERY YEAR!
So when I asked if they wanted a costume and dress up and they said "no!" I said Giddy Up! Not going to force it! When they come to me and ask to go trick-or-treating - then I will CONSIDER it! hahaha! It also helped that Meemaw and Pops were here and so were Uncle Cameron and Melisa!
They spent the night with us before going to the airport at 3 am to catch a flight to CA! Santa Anita here they come!
Landman and his buddies decided at the 11th hour that they would go trick-or-treating, so he got a homemade thrown together costume, that I think has been his best costume to date! He was a boxer!
(not a real black-eye...and apparently it is uncool to carry a pumpkin bucket! Boys his age carry around a pillowcase like a hobo...I can't even begin to comprehend!)
This is how my youngest son greeted trick-or-treaters that came to our door!
I am sure parents were wondering why 2 little kids would come to the door in no costumes to hand out candy - but the twins LOVED it! They thought it was great fun to see all the costumes come to the door and then they would hand them the candy and Reid would yell "Hulk SMASH" and sweet pea Ella would say "Happy Halloween!"
And on a side note - I think Meemaw and Pops had just as much fun answering the door as the twins did! Those two country bumpkins have never had trick-or-treaters, so it was fun for them to hear the door bell ring! (of course Pops was staked out in the garage and would tell us what was coming before they even rang the doorbell! hahaha!)
Someone forgot to tell Uncle Cameron and Reid that Captain America and Hulk are on the same team!
Ella and Melisa having a very indepth discussion about something!
Our month of November is going to be crazy! I have agreed to help out in the Livestock office of the Fort Worth Stockshow and Rodeo this month, so it is about to be all hands on deck as far as childcare goes! It is going to kill me not to spend all day everyday with the goober doobers but it is such a good opportunity, money wise and contact wise, that I would be a fool to pass it up! So, Meemaw, Pops, dadda, (and Uncle Cameron and Melisa, even though they don't know it yet ) will be taking turns watching the twins. They may be going to Comanche for most of the time, which may send me into withdrawls, but it should be just for this month.
Which if Uncle Jordon and Rylan wanted to come to Fort Worth and stay with us the last week of November and spend the days with the twins, we would LOVE to have them....I mean I am just saying! I would be willing to return the favor if it were ever needed! Just throwing that out there! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment