Mama and Reid both put on their big kid pants today and went to the only place hated more than the doctor's office......The Barber....well, not exactly, but it sounds better than the kiddie haircut place! That boy HATES getting his haircut and I hate making him. While I would never allow my son to have long hair....I hate the clinging to my neck and crying "back to the car mama! back to the car!" I feel like everyone is looking at me going "sheesh, woman and her backwards hillybilly kids!" Ha, cause that is what I woud be thinking if I were looking at me! I try not to be so judgemental now...I see that not everything is black and white!
But we did it! And each time he does better. Only few moments of crying today. And of course Ella Grace would be more than happy to hop up in the chair and be beautified! So I have one begging to go home and one begging to get a haircut...but of course neither is getting what they want! And thankfully, neither is really a fit thrower (fingers are crossed) so it isn't that bad. I think they are both so much like their mama and know that throwing a fit would cause people to look at them and that is the LAST thing they want!
Before we went in, both were more than happy to sit outside and even instructed me to "take a picture, mama! CHEESE!" Sometimes they are a little full of themselves! (They get THAT from their daddy! haha)
My shaggy boy and his twin sister!
Ella's hair looked much better when we left the house but after stops in Target and ALDI, and insisting on cramming a hat on her head...she was looking a little wild!
Look how sweetly he has his hands folded in his lap!
After the haircut, no one was in the mood to have their picture taken...so just know Reid's hair is no longer hanging over his ears!
No comments:
Post a Comment