Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Day In the Life

Warning...There are no photos in this post! What is the point right?

I have a whole list of blogs that I read pretty much on a daily basis and most of them are by women who have kids, work from home and a lot of them even home school their kids. And of course their households all appear to run without the slightest glitch! So not my house! And sometimes they will basically chart their day to show what a typical day is like, and so....I thought I would give it a whirl too! So here goes...

Most of them start off their charting when they wake up in the morning and since I wake up multiple times during the night, I am beginning mine at ..11 pm on Thursday night!

11 pm - Ella is awake and climbing into our bed!

Friday
12:30 am - Reid wakes me up crawling across my head to get in between his daddy and me.
                            I move Ella out of our bed and back to hers.

1:30 am  -  Ella is back in our bed too. I give up and turn over my side of the bed to the twins and curl up on Reid's toddler bed.

3 am - My legs are cramping from being curled up on the toddler bed, so I venture back to our bed. When I attempt to move the twins back to their bed - they both wake up and tell me "no mama!" I am too sleepy to put up a fight and just let them snuggle back up next to their daddy and I sleep with my head at the foot of the bed!  (Yup, you read that correctly!)

4:30 am - Ella wakes me up to say "Mama I couldn't find you!" and then proceeds to hug my head so I can't sneak away again.

5:30 am - The hubby is up to drink his coffee and read the newspaper.

6 am  - I give up on sleep and turn on Fox News.

6:30 am - Twins are awake and laughing, giggling, jumping and crawling all over me and the bed.

6:45 am - Twins and I venture to the living room and kitchen. Get milk and turn on Scooby Doo!

7 - 7:30 am - Daddy makes breakfast for everyone, Landman wakes up, showers, eats and gets ready for school.

7:30 - 8 am - Hubby and Landman head off to work and school. I sweep and mop the floors. The twins venture into the playroom to scatter all their toys!

8 - 9 am - I talk to my mom on the phone and then check e-mails and scope out the latest news and entertainment happenings and other blogs on the internet.

9 -10 am - Get the twins dressed for the day and then clean up the kitchen and start a load of laundry.

10:30 am - Load everyone in to car. Call the boss in Oregon and hope she is awake! (2 hour time difference!) And head to downtown to the office.

11 - 11:30 am - Do work at the office.

11:30 - 1 pm. - Head home, fix lunch and eat and then put twins down for nap.

1 - 2:30 pm - Twins sleep and I get to clean up from lunch, do a little bit of work and watch Wings. (I love that show and am so glad it is showing on REELZ channel!)

2:30 -3 pm - Twins wake up from nap. Snuggle and get snacks!

3 pm - Load back into the car and go pick Landman up from school.

3:30 - 4 pm - Landman off to play with friends. I finish up some work and the twins play in their playroom.

4-5 pm. - Twins and I go outside to play and toss Sadie the ball.

5 -5:30pm - Hubby is home from work and we put up grocceries he bought at Sam's on the way home.

5:30 - 6 pm - Order pizza! Hubby cooked tonight!

6- 6:30 pm - EAT PIZZA

6:30 - 7pm - Landman home and eats pizza. I give twins their bath and the hubby ran to redbox to rent a movie. ( He rented Hugo...and it did not interest the twins and so instead of no one being able to watch the movie, I took one for the team and took the twins to our room and let them watch Megamind!)

7 - 9 pm - Hubby and Landman watch movie. Twins and I go to our bedroom to watch a movie.

9 :15 pm - Twins asleep and in their beds. Landman in his room watching TV. The hubby comes to bed!

10 pm - Hubby is asleep and I am waiting on the first twin to appear at my side of the bed to start our nightly routine over!!

And that is a typical day for us! Full of excitement and fun isn't it!  And yes, my kids are terrible sleepers! Just a fact of our life! Due to their preemie status...they were never allowed to sleep through the night even if they wanted to! They HAD to be woke every 3 hours to eat until they were about 8 months old- no ifs ands or buts about it!  As a result...they don't know how to sleep for more than 2 hour incriments. And we suck at the sleep training thing. PLUS...I can't bear the thought of kicking them out of our bed completely just yet...they love to snuggle! (Something fun for my brother and sister-in-law to look forward to with Rylan!)

No comments: