Monday, April 12, 2010

28th Birthday

I turned 28 years old yesterday and I am having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I am only two years away from being 30! Sheesh - I told my husband that I still don't feel like an adult - but I guess seeing as how I have 3 kids, a husband, a job, a mortgage and all the adult related stress you can think of - I certainly should feel like an adult! Since I have never been one to make a huge deal about anything, my birthday passed rather uneventfully. Most of the weekend was spent at a baseball tournament in Cleburne. We did meet my parents in Granbury for dinner - which marked the twins first trip into a restaurant! Yes - I know, but their mother is a huge germaphobe and the last thing I want is people breathing on or even looking at my babies! hahaha! Everyone tells me to get over it because people want to see my adorable kiddos - but my answer is "YOU aren't going to be the one dealing with two SCREAMING sick kids now are you!" So they will continue to be off limits to everyone except family!!!
I also broke down and forced the family to take a quick family photo. Which since I hate having my picture taken was a real stretch for me. I think my husband and I will forever look tired from now on! So sad!
My one request for a birthday gift was a baby-less nap. I have not slept since September without a baby either in bed with me or in their bed next to mine! Needless to say - I DIDN'T get that gift.


Reid is like his mom - hates having his picture taken. Also, this was taken at about 10 p.m. so everyone was ready for bed.

Another attempt... 7 year old boys...what a handfull!


In the ready position.

Pre-game pep talk from coach, who is somewhere in the middle of all that!
Post-game talk.



Pre-game meal. Gotta have a full stomach!

No comments: